Spectrum Business | Company & User Profiles

UX

Profile & Company Settings Redesign

The Spectrum Business team was lacking customer data. They were plagued by bad and missing customer data which caused customer dissatisfaction and an increase in customer support calls.

The Design team was tasked with gathering research, performing competitive analyses, and closed card sorts to develop a strategy to obtain customer data more efficiently.

After the team reached clarity in the design solution we launched the wireframing sprint.

Wireframes

After a few round of discovery, iterations, and reviews — approval from key stakeholders was granted and we moved into the UI sprint.

UI Design

 

During the UI discovery phase, a few problems were identified early on. Display of uneditable objects and line length issues with larger breakpoints. I worked with our UX team to restructure some of the uneditable elements and brought those outside those editable sections. To address the line length issues a card-based solution was proposed that also helped compartmentalize the data.

Interaction and Prototyping

After the UI was in a good place we took it into our interaction sprint where we develop and refine how the micro-interactions and animations interact with our customers.

 

We quickly mocked up an Invision prototype and did internal hallway testing to ensure our designs were solid. After we got confirmation, we looped dev back in and ran through the prototype to set expectations, ensure software capabilities, and manage scope.

 

Deliverables

We delivered the final UI through zeplin and our Invision prototype. Working with the BAs, we crafted user stories and outlined interaction guidelines throughout the stories.

Results

We saw double-digit increases in customers managing their and their company’s profiles. We are still gathering call center data but initial reports indicate a significant decrease in calls regarding contact info.